Basmati rice 2 cupsMixed vegetable(cauliflower, potato, carrot, french beans) 1 cupGreen peas 150 gramsThinly sliced onion 3Thin sliced green chillies 2Salt to taste Red chilli powder 1 tsp.Cinnamon, caraway seeds 2 tsp.Cloves 4Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp.Tomato 4Yogurt (curd) 1/2 cupVegetable oil 4 tbsp.Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp.Dry fruits (cashew nuts, raisin) 3 tbsp.
1. Wash rice well before cooking.Then take rice with 3-3/4 cup water and a little salt added to it and 2 tbsp of dry fruits.Cook it in pressure cooker(wait for one whistle and then switch off the gas). You can also cook it in a pan or do microwave cooking just the same way as you cook ordinary rice.
2. Cut all the vegetables into small thin pieces and fry each one of it separately in oil. Also fry the green peas.
3. Then fry mustard seeds, green chilli, cinnamon and caraway seeds powder, cloves, black pepper powder for about half minute and then add onions. Fry till the color of onion changes to pink.
4. Add salt and red chilli powder and stir it properly.
5. Add fine chopped tomatoes and fry till they are properly cooked.
6. Next add yogurt (fine) and stir well.Heat it for about 10 seconds.
7. Add all the fried vegetables.
8. Lastly add the cooked rice and mix well with very light hands so that the rice grain doesn't break. Cook for about 3 minutes.
Keep the vegetable biryani in a serving dish. Decorate with dry fruits and green coriander leaves.